Work from home (Remote) or any of our US offices - Atlanta, GA; Minneapolis, MN; Naples, FL
Founded in June 2017, ConnexPay is a payments company creating game-changing technology that is transforming modern e-commerce. As an innovative financial technology and payments company, ConnexPay offers combined payment acceptance and issuance processes inside a single solution to enterprise corporations that provide intermediary services (i.e., online travel agencies, online marketplaces, e-commerce brokers, etc.). The company’s technology reduces payment risk and lowers the cost of payment acceptance. Through our people, ConnexPay is poised to become the industry leader in payments for industries historically viewed as high-risk to payment providers and sponsor banks.
In October 2022, ConnexPay announced a Series C funding led by FTV Capital, a sector-focused growth equity investor with more than two decades of experience in payments and financial services. This investment brings ConnexPay’s total funds raised to $145 million.
ConnexPay is proud of our culture, where we focus on employee engagement and customer satisfaction. Here our people feel comfortable voicing their opinions, which helps us build a safe environment for all. We are customer focused and truly believe that behaviors drive our culture — and our culture drives our results — always working as one team to win.
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Java Developer/Team Lead with extensive experience supporting Java and Spring boot applications in an enterprise setting. The individual will work with and lead a team of talented engineers working in a fast-paced, agile environment, developing a groundbreaking, multi-tenant, cloud-based payments platform. We are seeking an independent and motivated engineer with strong communication skills who wants to see his or her work change an industry.
- Lead a team of engineers in the design, development, testing, and deployment of a range of large-scale payment applications and services
- Work closely with on-site and off-site teams in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Build, maintain, support, and certify large scale payment systems
- Analyze and tune real-time processes for optimal performance
- Build, maintain, and optimize deployment pipelines
- BS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or related/equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise applications using JAVA 8+
- Established background in designing and building highly scalable systems
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Spring framework 4.x and Spring boot 1.5.x
- Solid experience in relational databases: PostgreSQL (preferred), MS SQL, Oracle
- Familiarity with software management tools (Maven, TeamCity, Git)
- Self-starter with strong and proactive work ethic with the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Git or comparable source-control tool
- Experience with any of Liquid Base, Hibernate, Junit, JaCoCo, Rest Assured a plus
- Prior Financial Industry and or payments experience a plus
- Experience with Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket) a plus
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as MS Azure and or Amazon AWS a plus
- Experience with containerization and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
Benefits and Perks
ConnexPay offers an attractive compensation package reflecting the scope of the role. Other benefits include:
- Unlimited vacation: Take as much time off as you need.
- Company stock: Every ConnexPay employee has ownership in the company.
- Retirement savings: Immediate entry into 401(k) plan with company match.
- Excellent benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, plus company-paid life and AD&D insurance.
- Flexible work locations: Work from home, an office, or wherever you feel comfortable and productive.
- Autonomy: You’ll enjoy independence and responsibility for your role.
- Career advancement: Growth opportunities are endless at our successful, early-stage company.
ConnexPay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Apply for This Position