Work from home (Remote) or any of our US offices - Atlanta, GA; Minneapolis, MN; Naples, FL
Founded in June 2017, ConnexPay is a payments company creating game-changing technology that is transforming modern e-commerce. As an innovative financial technology and payments company, ConnexPay offers combined payment acceptance and issuance processes inside a single solution to enterprise corporations that provide intermediary services (i.e., online travel agencies, online marketplaces, e-commerce brokers, etc.). The company’s technology reduces payment risk and lowers the cost of payment acceptance. Through our people, ConnexPay is poised to become the industry leader in payments for industries historically viewed as high-risk to payment providers and sponsor banks.
In October 2022, ConnexPay announced a Series C funding led by FTV Capital, a sector-focused growth equity investor with more than two decades of experience in payments and financial services. This investment brings ConnexPay’s total funds raised to $145 million.
ConnexPay is proud of our culture, where we focus on employee engagement and customer satisfaction. Here our people feel comfortable voicing their opinions, which helps us build a safe environment for all. We are customer focused and truly believe that behaviors drive our culture — and our culture drives our results — always working as one team to win.
ConnexPay is looking for a Senior Risk Analyst who is responsible for supporting the Risk and Compliance requirements of the business. This role provides the opportunity to influence the overall risk strategy by designing new components of the risk framework while thoroughly monitoring all aspects of risk through engagement with all members of the organization. This individual will be instrumental in implementing new procedures, enhancing existing processes, and continuing to execute current requirements.
The ideal candidate will have experience with aspects of the following:
- BSA / AML including KYC requirements of CIP, CDD, EDD, and Customer Monitoring
- Risk Oversight and Governance including Risk Assessments, Privacy Principles, Policy Management, Third Party Risk Management, and Information Security
- Pay-In / Acquiring Risks including Disputes, Chargebacks, Fraud Reduction, Transaction Monitoring, and Risk Scoring
- Global Risk and Compliance including requirements of card brands, banks, and regulatory oversight authorities
- Underwriting – Review client profiles including all standard and enhanced screenings, prepare documents, liaison with bank partners, and facilitate management updates
- Periodic Customer Reviews – Refine the methodology and conduct reviews of existing customers
- Financial Risk Management – Monitor cash balance requirements, credit requests, funding approvals, internal/external communication, and general tracking
- Chargeback Support – Improve chargeback monitoring program, conduct client reviews, support bank inquiries, and track remediations
- Transaction Monitoring – Conduct monitoring using existing processes for acquiring & issuing alerts while also supporting the implementation of new monitoring solutions
- Risk Management Support – Support internal ad-hoc needs by researching, advising, and opining on key risk decisions
- Compliance Questionnaires – Support the business by completing due diligence questionnaires requested of ConnexPay from customers, banks, and vendors
- Policy Management – Periodically enhance or develop new policies for ConnexPay relating to Risk Management and Compliance as well as other high risk areas of the business
- Audit Administration – Assist other departments in completion of external audits as well as contribute to periodic Audit Committee updates
- Third Party Risk Management – Collaborate with ConnexPay’s PMO and InfoSec teams on third party risk assessments for new and existing vendors
- BS / BA degree and relevant industry certifications (i.e. CAMS, CIPP, CFE, CIA)
- Proven experience with KYC and AML principles
- Organized with ability to plan and prioritize various deliverables
- Strong understanding of the payments industry including acquiring and issuing
- Sufficient technical expertise in order to apply regulatory expectations to technical design
- Commitment to company values and enhancing company culture
- Experience of 5+ years in the aforementioned qualifications and responsibilities
- Global compliance experience with rules and regulations a plus
Benefits and Perks
ConnexPay offers an attractive compensation package reflecting the scope of the role. Other benefits include:
- Unlimited vacation: Take as much time off as you need.
- Company stock: Every ConnexPay employee has ownership in the company.
- Retirement savings: Immediate entry into 401(k) plan with company match.
- Excellent benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, plus company-paid life and AD&D insurance.
- Flexible work locations: Work from home, an office, or wherever you feel comfortable and productive.
- Autonomy: You’ll enjoy independence and responsibility for your role.
- Career advancement: Growth opportunities are endless at our successful, early-stage company.
ConnexPay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Apply for This Position